Attorneys For Sound Prenuptial And Postnuptial Agreements
At the Law Office of Cheryl Bucker, P.A., in Pompano Beach, Florida, our lawyers stress the importance of securing your financial interests in the event that marriage and love do not last forever. Our family law attorneys are here to listen carefully to the goals and concerns of the bride or groom, and reflect them in an agreement in the event that marriage and love do not last forever.
These agreements usually address your financial arrangements, division of assets, custody, including parental responsibility and a parenting plan, spousal support and a number of other issues. It is important to understand that your rights do not have to be waived for all these issues.
When Do You Need A Prenup?
Our firm recommends the use of prenuptial agreements in situations where:
- One spouse owns considerable assets
- You want to protect important assets in the event of a divorce
- One spouse has received an inheritance
- You or your fiancé have children from a previous marriage and you want to protect their financial security
- You or your fiancé owns or co-owns a family business
- You have been served a prenuptial agreement and want an attorney to protect your rights
- You are concerned about the terms of your prenuptial agreement and want to fully understand your rights and obligations
- This is a second marriage for one or both spouses
Drafting Postnuptial Agreements
The Law Office of Cheryl Bucker, P.A., is also prepared to put your wishes into a postnuptial agreement if you have already said, “I do.” Postnuptials or “postnups” are agreements made during the marriage. There is no time limitation for creating a postnuptial agreement. If you and your spouse have decided to separate, our attorneys can help draft an agreement that includes spousal support, child custody or parenting arrangements.
Call Us Today
To schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our attorneys, please call us at 954-773-8983 or toll-free at 888-392-5781. You may also contact us online. We are open between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. We are located in Pompano Beach just before the intercoastal bridge on East Atlantic Boulevard in Atlantic Square Plaza. We accept credit cards.